There are many different meat slicers on the market, but not all of them are worth the investment. In this article, we’ll help you find the best meat slicer for jerky so that you can get your meat into perfect strips in no time.
Now, like us, you probably enjoy homemade jerky as a great protein source. However, the tedious task of slicing for jerky can be a huge letdown.
To avoid this, you may want to look into buying a meat slicer. A meat slicer will cut the time and mess involved with having to slice each piece of meat over and over again. Instead, with a meat slicer, you can cleanly slice several pieces of meat in a matter of minutes.
There is a wide range of meat slicers available, but not all are created equal. Here are our top 5 jerky slicers
6 best meat slicers for jerky
|1. CUSIMAX Meat Slicer||Check Latest Price|
|2. Weston Meat Slicer||Check Latest Price|
|3. BESWOOD 250 Jerky Slicer||Check Latest Price|
|4. LEM Products 602TJ Electric 2-in-1 Jerky Slicer and Tenderizer||Check Latest Price|
|5. Kitchener Meat Slicer||Check Latest Price|
|6. OSTBA SL518 Meat Slicer||Check Latest Price|
1. CUSIMAX Meat Slicer
CUSIMAX Meat Slicer is the best electric meat slicer for jerky. It has an adjustable knob to adjust slicing thickness easily which makes it suitable for cutting beef jerky, ham, deli sandwiches, charcuterie boards, cold cuts, hard cheeses, and more.
The Stainless Steel blade is very sharp and easy to clean. A set of four silicon antislip suction pads fastens the machine and makes it safe to use.
CUSIMAX Electric Food Slicer also can process fruits, vegetables, and bread slices at the same time.
What We Like:
1. CUSIMAX meat slicers are made with precise material, high quality stainless steel blade, and workmanship.
2. Safe and effective to cut any food including meat, fruit, bread & vegetables.
3. Equipped with 4 pieces of silicon anti-skid sucking pads to keep the machine in place. Easy clean up after each use.
4. Switching to on position, please make sure the food carriage is locked.
5. Slicing thickness adjustment knob easy for your choice and slice different food to different thicknesses.
6. Save time & effort with the food slicer. Simple operation without any stress to operate.
7. Save space & money with the food slicer. Available in 2 sizes, big size and small size. Simple storage for easy transportation and transportation to the office etc.
8. Easy to clean with dishwasher safe and have removable blades for easy cleaning.
9. Small and portable.
What We Don’t Like:
1. When cutting and cleaning, suction cups on bottom do not work well, causing the slicer to move around.
2. Blade needs to be turned a little slower, not as fast, but still cuts well.
Overall, the CUSIMAX Meat Slicer is a good choice for most kitchen use. It can cut almost anything and works well with any size job. You can also use it for different purposes like slicing bread, fruits, vegetables and hard cheeses.
2. Weston Meat Slicer
Weston Meat Slicer is the best choice to for making jerky strips because of 32 stainless steel blades cut up to 15 slices, which are 3/8″ thick. This features a large opening that accepts meat up to 1 1/4 inch thick and 5 inches wide. Also, 32 stainless steel combs prevent the meat from jamming. Another great feature is that the cutting surface is made of cast iron and it includes a durable food-safe coating.
The Weston Jerky Slicer has many benefits because it is easy to use and provides quality jerky. Vegetarians can also prepare easy-to-make meatless dishes with this amazing product.
What We Like:
– The meat is cut into up to fifteen 1/4 inch thick strips with 32 stainless steel blades at once.
– Bulk meat up to 5 inches wide and 1.25 inches thick is accepted
– Meat is prevented from jamming by stainless steel combs
– Stainless steel tongs are included for safe meat handling
– C-clamps to counters up to 2 inches thick
– Large opening, accepts meat up to 1.
– Easy To Use
– Quality Blade System
– Value For Money
What We Don’t Like:
– You can hardly clean it. Cleaning takes more than an hour.
– There is not enough sharpness in the blades to effectively tenderize
It is an excellent product that will serve you for a long time. It is a perfect piece of equipment to help you prepare delicious meat jerky. This product will save you money because it makes the job easier.
3. BESWOOD 250 Jerky Slicer
The BESWOOD 250 is the best slicer for jerky because of its high quality Chromium-plated Carbon Steel Blade and it’s ergonomic design. The blade stays sharp longer because of the Chromium-plated coating and it doesn’t have to be sharpened as often. It’s 10″ blade diameter allows you to create up to 210mm in length and 170mm in height, so you can slice a lot of food quickly. It also includes a skidproof rubber feet and blade ring guard for safety while slicing your food.
What We Like:
✓ This slicer is perfect for home use and commercial use.
✓ It can slice a lot of food very quickly.
✓ The blade stays sharp longer because of the Chromium-plated coating.
✓ You will always have a sharp blade edge to slice any type of meat.
What We Don’t Like:
✗ There have been some complaints about the rubber feet being too thin.
✗ This slicer is very noisy.
✗ It is bigger and heavier than the other meat slicers on the market.
The Beswood 250 is the best jerky slicer because of its high-quality Chromium-plated Carbon Steel Blade and its ergonomic design. The blade stays sharp longer because of the Chromium-plated coating and doesn’t have to be sharpened as often.
4. LEM Products 602TJ Electric 2-in-1 Jerky Slicer and Tenderizer
It comes with a variety of attachments for various types of meat, which is why I listed LEM 602TJ Jerky Slicer among its benefits in my article. Slicers produce jerky strips that are tenderized for the perfect amount of time and thickness. These slicers aren’t just good for jerky, they can also be used to make sausage, deli meats, and even poultry. According to hunters who tested these units, the product quality is excellent due to their small processing space and simple operation.
In addition, the product is also ranked as one of the best-sellers. One downside is that it requires assembly which might prove difficult for some home processors while other parts may require adjustments for different types of meat. Overall, the LEM 602TJ indoor electric jerky slicer is an excellent product that should be considered by anyone in search of a lean jerky machine that offers great features and benefits.
What We Like:
– Sturdy: the LEM 602TJ slicer is easy to use and made from industrial grade materials that are designed to last.
– The LEM 602TJ slicer has been tested by many users who are hunters to make sure that the machine lasts for a long time.
– It has a strong motor of 0.35 HP that is self-lubricating and doesn’t require any maintenance which is great for home users or especially for people with limited technical skills.
– Features: The LEM 602TJ slicer has a variety of attachments and other tools for various types of meat.
– The machine’s height is medium-low and it is easy to clean up due to its non-stick surface.
– The unit has a strong motor that doesn’t require any maintenance and can be adjusted according to the type of meat being processed.
– The product provides a grinder, tenderizer, tenderizer blade, and slicer that are adjustable according to the process being used on the meat.
What We Don’t Like:
– It is an expensive product
The LEM 602TJ is an affordable machine that could prove to be useful for people with small spaces, limited space, or even people who are just starting out in the game of making their own jerky. It provides a good variety of features and functions that can be used to process meat into jerky or sausage depending on what you need the most.
5. Kitchener Meat Slicer
The Kitchener slicer is built quality and is strong. It has a 9″ blade that can handle meats of different thicknesses. The blade is serrated so if the thickness needs to be reduced, the user can just use the other, less powerful blade for a more delicate cut. It also includes an adjustable thickness control knob which makes it great for slicing from deli thin to 5/8″ thick meats and vegetables.
The Kitchener slicer is designed with a detachable blade and food pusher/deflector. It also features a stainless steel carriage that protects from rust and a built-in finger guard for added safety. The food carriage plate, thickness guide plate and stainless steel carriage can all be removed for easy cleaning. This slicer is not dishwasher safe nor are the blades.
The Kitchener slicer is a powerful, efficient product that can be used in delis, restaurants, homes, and everywhere in between.
What We Like:
– The slicer is versatile and can handle meats of different thicknesses.
– The food pusher/deflector gives greater safety and control while slicing meats.
– The slicer is easy to clean.
– It is a powerful, efficient product that can be used in delis, restaurants, homes, and everywhere in between.
– The slicer is built quality and is strong. What We Don’t Like:
– The manual could be better.
What We Don’t Like:
– The slicer is expensive.
– It is not dishwasher safe nor are the blades.
– The food pusher/deflector is sometimes difficult to use.
– The slicer is large and unwieldy, which makes it difficult to store.
This is an excellent kitchen tool that can be used in homes, restaurants, and delis. It is reliable and efficient.
6. OSTBA SL518-1 Meat Slicer
The OSTBA SL518-1 Meat Slicer is the best slicer for Jerky because it has the 7.5″ stainless steel blade which can produce a consistent and clean cut. It also has 150w of power to slice through meat, vegetables, deli meats, and bread with ease. The child lock protection keeps safety from being an issue because it requires both the safety lock and power button to be pressed simultaneously to start work. Non-slip suction rubber feet keep stability while working with this slicer and make cleanup more convenient than ever!
I’ve had many food slicers in the past, so I have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn’t. I wanted something that is fast, versatile and works every time. This unit has been working consistently for me since I have purchased it a few months ago and I am very satisfied with it.
What We Like:
– Stainless steel blade.
– Food carriage slides on and off easily for cleaning.
– Removable ring guard to prevent debris buildup.
– Rubber feet.
– Easy to clean.
– Made in the USA!
– Powerful, fast operation.
What We Didn’t Like:
– Blades are a little loud to start with. However, you quickly get used to it and this soon becomes a non-issue.
The OSTBA electric food slicer is without a doubt one of the best meat slicers for jerky and all other food cuts. The device is simple to use, provides fast results, and doesn’t skimp on quality or design. The 7.5″ stainless steel blade is sharp and strong allowing you to cut through anything you want with ease.
How to choose the best meat slicers to make jerky?
There is no need to buy an industrial meat slicer to make jerky at home. You can find many manual and electric meat slicers that are designed for home use that will perfectly suit your needs.
Here is a list of things to keep in mind when choosing the best meat slicer for making jerky:
It’s important to check if the power of your meat slicer can handle hard or frozen meat, like turkey, chicken or beef steak. You don’t want to overload your meat slicer.
Always check if the meat slicer has the safety features that you need for cutting different types of meat. Safety features like finger guard or child lock are very useful if you have small kids. Some safety features that are common on most meat slicers include a kick-back stop, blade brake and finger guard.
The right blade size will produce the best results. A small or very sharp blade will produce a clean cut but you’ll need to use more force for slicing thin pieces of meat like jerky. On the other hand, a larger and duller blade can be chunkier and create uneven cuts. Keep in mind that bigger blades won’t work for chopping vegetables like onions so it’s best to choose one that fits your needs.
Make sure to choose a blade that has a stainless steel body. This material will ensure long-lasting quality and durability while keeping the blade sharp. Plastic blades may look cheaper but food particles tend to get stuck in the small spaces in between the blades. These bits of food will create a bad taste in your snack. Stainless steel is also easier to clean if you ever need to remove any food residue that may be stuck on it.
Conclusion: If you want to make delicious jerky at home, it’s time to buy the best meat slicer. There are a variety of meat slicers that will perfectly suit your needs. Go for quality and safety, and pay attention to the power and blade size of your knife. You won’t be disappointed!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the best meat slicer for making beef jerky?
A. CUSIMAX Meat Slicer is the best choice!
Q. What’s the best way to cut meat extra thin at home to make jerky?
A. Use a CUSIMAX Meat Slicer with a slicer guard!
Q. What is the best meat slicer to make beef jerky with?
Q. What is the best way to use a meat slicer?
A. Be sure to follow these steps: Power on the unit, adjust blade width (if needed), add food, move food carriage forward, lock safety lock, and slice.
Q. What is the best way to slice meat for jerky?
A. Here are the steps to making jerky with a meat slicer: Power on the device, adjust blade width (if needed), place food carriage on the channel and put your meat on it, move carriage forward, lock safety lock, and slice.
Q. What is the best way to clean a meat slicer?
A. Remove food carriage, clean knife blades, and tips of food carriage, and replace food carriage back onto the device.
Q. Can I use beef tenderloin for jerky?
A. Beef tenderloin is very lean and soft, so it’s not a good choice for meat slicing.
Q. How do I slice beef with a meat slicer?
A. Use the following steps to slice beef: Power on the device and slide the food carriage forward. Place your food following the length of the blade. Adjust slicing thickness (if needed). Lock safety lock and press down the handle until you hear a click.