Introduction: Ramekin is one kind of small heatproof baking dish which uses for individual bake portion of foods. In a ramekin, there remains a small quantity of cheese that is baked using breadcrumbs, eggs, or seasoning. This dish contains a 3 or 4 inches diameter of food and is a popular dish. It is effortless to make the item at home.
What is Ramekin?
Ramekin is a small baking dish. Foods like custards, pudding, grating, and other baking items can bake in it.
Why is it called a ramekin?
Ramekin came from the French word ramequin, which is a small mold dish of cheese or meat. Ramequin’s updated form is ramekin which means toast or roast.
Ramekin Breakfast Ideas: There are lots of breakfast ideas for the ramekin. Like baked mashed potato with egg, cooked egg with prosciutto, bean and cheese bake, Italian baked eggs, bacon egg cups, mini egg casserole, baked eggs with mushrooms, baked eggs with bacon, salami egg cups, baked oats recipe, pudding, custard, muffin, cooked egg and tomato with mozzarella, baked omelette, etc.
What is a Ramekin Dish?
Using a small glazed ceramic or heatproof glass bowl for cooking or serving various types of dishes is known as the Ramekin dish.
Why people use ramekin?
People use ramekin for baking or serving a dish.
Can we use ramekins in the oven?
Yes, you can use ramekins in the oven.
What size do you need?
There is a various size of ramekins.
1 to 2 ounce: They used for serving mayo or sauce or teeny appetizers. They can also use a small candle holder.
3 to 5 ounce: These sizes are best for serving mini dessert or small platters.
6 ounce: These are the best size for single-serving desserts.
7 to 9 ounce: They used for baking food items like a muffin, custard, pudding, mini casserole, etc.
What are the differences between Ramekins and Custard Cups?
Though Ramekin and custard cups are not the same, the difference is quite slight. Custard cups have giddy sides and ramekins have a straight team. This straight-line helps ramekin to allow soufflés to rise properly than custard cups.
Can we use custard cups instead of ramekins? Yes, you can use custard cups instead of ramekins.
Are you looking for a substitute for ramekins? Ramekin is a small pot. You will find a substitute for ramekins. Any four to six-ounce small heatproof bowl can use as a substitute for ramekins.
List of 17 Best Ramekin Recipes You Should Try:
1. Sausage & Mushroom Pizza Bowls: Sausage and mushroom lovers will fall for it. All you need is, mushroom, sausage, marinara/ sauce, parmesan, red pepper flakes, mozzarella. Cook the mushroom and sausage properly, add marinara or sauce in ramekins, add some mozzarella, add the mushroom and sausage, spread mozzarella again, add marinara. Now sprinkle red pepper flakes and parmesan on the top. Bake them. Having pizza bowls with bread will make your day.
2. Mushroom & Spinach Baked Rice Bowls: Mushroom and spinach with crispy rice are delicious. You need cooked rice, white wine, salt, pepper, milk, spinach, mushrooms, eggs, onion, parmesan, butter, red pepper flakes, to prepare this item. Cook the mushroom with butter, onion, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add white wine, and chopped spinach. Cook them well.
Spread butter in ramekins. Mix rice, cheese, eggs, and milk nicely. Mix the cooked mixture. Pour it to the ramekins, and sprinkle some cheese on the top. Bake them. Having this rice bowl with lemon makes it more delicious.
3. Honey Lavender Crème Brûlée: Mix honey, vanilla, dried vanilla, salt, with heavy cream at medium heat on the stove. Stir them until they get foamy. Turn off the heat and cover them for 30 minutes. Strain the mixture. Slowly add the cream mixture in the whisked egg. Strain them again to make a smooth mixture. Pour them to ramekins. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Broil them. Sprinkle some lavender blossoms.
4. Little Summer Berry Puddings: Mix all the ingredients without pie dough. Pour them in ramekins. Place the pie crust top of them and bake them. Serve it with vanilla ice cream.
5. Mini Chocolate Molten Cakes: Make the cake mixture by mixing butter, chocolate, eggs, sugar, vanilla, flour. Spread butter in ramekins, sprinkle sugar in it. Pour the cake mixture. Bake them.
6. Strawberry Ramekin Pies: Heat the oven. Combine sugar, flour, strawberry, and salt in a baking dish. On top of ramekin place, the cut-off pastry and brush it with the beaten egg. Now take the ramekins on a baking sheet and keep it in the oven to bake until the bread gets a golden color and puffed. Let it cool. Your pies are ready to serve.
7. Upside Down Turkey Shepherd’s Pie: Cook turkey nicely with onion, carrots, corn, and broccoli. Add whisked broth, cornstarch, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Cook until they became thick. Spread mashed potato at ramekin, add the mixture with a spoon. Season it with parsley, and bake. Serve it warm.
8. Wild Blueberry Lemon Custard: Combine the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract salt, and lemon. Heat the milk (180 degrees), and pour it to the egg mixture slowly. Once the combination is ready to place it in ramekins. Place the ramekins in a pan. So that those don’t touch the side of the container or each other of ramekins. Pour hot water until it fills up the halfway of ramekins.
Let these to take a boiling water bath for 45 to 60 minutes and shake ramekins gently until the custard cooked. Remove those from the oven while the center is not watery. Let them become cool and refrigerate. Make the blueberry sauce on low heat for up to 5 minutes. Let it become cool. Now serve it with one tablespoon blueberry on top.
9. Bacon, Eggs, and Chives for One: Heat the oven. Now make a mixture of eggs, bacon, salt, and pepper. Pour the batter among the ramekins and sprinkle the top using chives. Bake it and let the eggs set. When the eggs are puffed, the dish is ready to serve. Serve it warm.
10. Microwave Egg Sandwich: Take a 6oz ramekin and coat with cooking spray. Place the Canadian bacon on that. On the top, pour the substitute, and put it into a microwave to heat for 30 seconds until the eggs get set. Now put salsa and sprinkle with cheese and microwave for another 10 seconds then let the cheese melted. At the bottom place, English muffin with spinach and place eggs and Canadian bacon over the spinach. Now replace the English muffin on the top. Your dish is ready.
11. Baked egg and stuffing cups: Press cooked stuffing in 4oz ramekin. Add an egg into the center. Sprinkle salt and pepper. On a baking sheet, put the ramekins, and bake them. Until the yolk starts, to thicken, and egg whites get set. Season them with fresh sage.
12. Classic French onion soup: Cook onion until it became golden brown. Add garlic and cook them. Pour wine and boil till it became half of it. Add pepper, salt, and broth. Boil in low heat and cover them. Pour the mixture on ramekin, add pieces of bread toast, add Swiss cheese on the top and bake.
13. Sweet corn crème Brulee: Fry the corn in butter till it became tender. Add milk and cream. Boil them. Blend for a smooth texture. Whisk egg yolks and sugar. Add some hot cream into it. Take all these mixtures to a pan and stir them continuously. Add little vanilla. Pour them in 6oz ramekins. In a baking pan pour boiling water about 1 inch. Place the ramekins and bake them, till the center cooked adequately. Spread some sugar on top and bake in for 1 min to get caramelized. Cool them and enjoy them.
14. Twice-baked rutabagas: Combine rutabagas and water. Bake to get soft. Mash it, add butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, bacon. Mix them with cheese and green onions. Place them in 6oz ramekins. Sprinkle cheese on the top and bake. Season it with green onions.
15. Burnt custard: Make custard mixture. Place it in 6oz ramekin. Move it into the baking pan. Pour boiling water around 1 inch. Bake them until the center of custard gets set. Spread some sugar for caramelizing the top. Serve it with berries when it became cool.
Recipe link: Burnt Custard
16. Baked Fontina orzo: Grease 10oz ramekins with butter. Mix cooked orzo, cheese, pepper, olives. Whisk eggs, nutmeg, milk. Mix it with orzo mixture. Bake them.
17. Chocolate Kahlua sauce: Combine egg yolks, eggs, cream, vanilla, salt, sugar. Place croissant pieces in ramekins. Pour egg mixture and bake. Make a thick sauce with, melted chocolate, sugar, milk, and salt. Mix with Kahlua and serve with the pudding.
Conclusion: Ramekin used for serving and cooking small portions of foods. It is the best choice for serving desserts. Baking small items like a muffin, lava cake, pudding, custard, pie, etc. they are perfectly fit in it. It is easy to use. We tried to show you the top 17 dishes of ramekins. I hope that Ramekin Recipes would help you and you would enjoy it.