- 80g butter
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 125ml red wine
- 125ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Heat butter in a frypan, once butter is bubbling, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook for 3-4 minutes then add the flour and stir gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine stock and tomato paste, season to taste and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add parsley prior to serving.