You want to cook delicious food, but you don’t have a lot of money to spend on cookware.
If you’re looking for a cookware set that’ll help you make delicious meals without breaking the bank, this article will show you some of the best options available. I’ve gathered several reputable brands based on what they offer and factor in prices at various online retailers to give you my favorite picks.
Whether your budget is $200 or $500, there’s something here for everyone.
So, if you’re ready to find something that won’t cut into your grocery budget, read on.
Things to Consider in a Cookware Set
When you’re searching for the best cookware sets under 200, it’s important to consider a few things before you buy. First of all, you need to know what types of cookware are available so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
There are basically four types of cookware:
1) Cast iron
2) Enamel coated cast iron
3) Stainless steel
At first glance, you’d think that a stainless-steel set would be the best option. After all, the stainless steel is beautiful and doesn’t require much maintenance. Overall, a stainless-steel set has many benefits—including the ability to go from stovetop to oven without losing heat or burning your food. They also come in a variety of colors.
But, stainless steel is not forever. It does become porous over time—especially if you use it on a hot stovetop or place it in the dishwasher. If you’re going to use them often, stainless steel gets expensive quickly. And with the cost-per-use of most stainless steel, there’s no point spending more than you have to.
There are two other general categories of cookware that you should be aware of as well. Those are cast-iron and nonstick. Cast-iron is extremely durable, but it’s not great for the stovetop. You can use it in a slow cooker or oven, but it’s not good for super-high heat situations like frying or searing. Also, cast iron can be heavy and hard to clean after use.
Nonstick is another option, but you need to be careful with the nonstick surface. Sometimes the nonstick can wear off, and all you’re left with is a pan that doesn’t cook food well and is easy to scratch.
With some care and attention, cookware can be recycled. Here are some things to consider before purchasing a set:
• Consider the set’s color. Is it safe for children? Does it have any hazardous materials?
• Determine how long the set will last. How durable is it? What kind of cost is associated with replacements if necessary?
• Check to see if your purchase includes a warranty or guarantee; this can help you determine the quality of the product.
• How heavy is the set? How much weight can it hold?
• Choose a set that is nonreactive to prevent food from absorbing harmful chemicals.
• Look for a lifetime guarantee on the product since it will cover any problems that arise after the warranty period is over.
• Consider adding matching accessories such as a set of spatulas.
• If you are buying a set of any kind of cookware, weigh the pot, the lid, and the frying pan for safety. You do not want to buy a set that is too heavy.
With all of those things in mind, let’s take a look at my favorite picks for best cookware sets under 200.
Top 7 picks for under $200 cookware
1. Cuisinart TPS-10 10 Piece Classic Tri-ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set
These classic Cuisinart pots and pans are the perfect addition to your kitchen.
With superior heat conduction, this 10-piece set includes a 1.5 Qt. Saucepan with cover, 2.5 Qt. Saucepan with cover, 3 Qt. A sauté pan with a helper handle, a stockpot with a cover, an 8″ skillet, a skillet 10″. Perfect for everyday cooking or creating beautiful dishes for home! They are dishwasher safe too, so cleanup will be a breeze after a busy day in the kitchen!
The Cuisinart Classic Tri-Ply Stainless Steel is built to last while delivering professional results every time you cook or bake!
Yes. You can use the nonstick cookware on any type of cooktop, even on induction.
They’re the perfect addition to your kitchen with superior heat conduction.
What We Like :
– Heavy duty stainless steel construction allows for even heat distribution when you’re cooking on the stovetop, in the oven, or on the range top.
– Triple-ply construction allows high performance and durability while offering excellent food release and release from sticking.
– Professional strength aluminum core gives superb thermal conductivity and retention of heat.
– Embossed stainless steel helper handles are riveted to solid stainless steel for long-lasting durability.
– Ergonomic Cool-grip™ stainless steel knobs are easy to grasp and stay cool for comfort when cooking.
– Stainless steel cover is embossed and the rim is tapered away from the edge for a smooth pouring surface that will not catch liquids.
– The surface is very easy to clean
– Great looking clean design.
What We Don’t Like :
– There is a metal handle on the lid, so it can get very hot.
– Heat distribution is poor, resulting in everything sticking to the bottom.
It is a well-built set of cookware. It comes with a full lifetime warranty, so if you don’t like them at any time in the future, they will take them back. They are very durable and heat up quickly.
The only drawback is the poor heat distribution and it takes a lot of stirring to prevent the sticking of food on the bottom. Definitely, not something you want to use if you are in a hurry! If that doesn’t bother you – then this would be the perfect set for you.
2. T-fal Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick 17 Piece Cookware Set
The T fal Ultimate Hard Anodized nonstick cookware is perfect for all of your cooking needs. It’s durable, scratch-resistant, and toxin free-everything you need in one package!
The Thermo Spot heat indicator is designed to tell you when your pans are perfectly preheated before adding ingredients. It offers super easy cooking with no risk of burning or sticking! These pots and pans are truly a great investment. You won’t regret buying the T fal Ultimate Hard Anodized nonstick cookware set today.
With this cookware, there’s always a pot or pan that can meet your needs; frying, sautéing, browning-you name it. It’s great for everyday use and is oven safe and dishwasher safe too, which makes cleaning up a breeze! Quality cookware that will last you forever!
The T fal Ultimate Hard Anodized nonstick cookware set is covered by a lifetime limited warranty. T fal provides quality products, including this nonstick cookware set, to help ensure your happiness.
What We Like:
– Hard-Anodized aluminum construction and nonstick interior heat up quickly and evenly, making cooking easier and cleanup a breeze.
– High-quality cookware pieces are durable enough for everyday use.
– Thermo Spot heat indicator for fast, even cooking.
– Lifetime limited warranty from the manufacturer.
– Induction is compatible for use in all types of cooktops.
– Oven safe as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Dishwasher safe.
– PFOA, lead, and cadmium free.
– Made for home use.
– Not recommended for microwave use.
What We Don’t Like:
– Some users had complaints about the color of the pots and pans. The exterior of the pots and pans seems to be a little bit thinner than the T fal professional hard anodized cookware.
– Spatulas and spoons made of plastic are cheap.
– There is no lid on the medium pan
The T fal Ultimate Hard Anodized nonstick cookware set is great for everyday use and it’s very easy to clean. The Thermo Spot heat indicator is perfect for beginners because you can tell when the pans are perfectly preheated. With a lifetime limited warranty, this set will make a great addition to your kitchen.
3. All-Clad E785S264/E785S263 HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick Dishwasher Set
Do you need a new, quality fry pan?
This All-Clad Fry Pan Set is the perfect choice for busy families who love to cook! Its durable and easy-to-clean design means that you can spend less time maintaining your pans and more time cooking delicious meals. With the 8-inch size, this set is small enough to fit on any stovetop, while also having a 10-inch size for larger dishes. Plus, with their stainless steel handles and patented Anti-Warp Base technology, these pans can be used on any ceramic or induction stovetop! So order your new fry pan set today!
We know how important it is to have quality cooking tools in the kitchen that are not only easy to clean, but also last a long time. These All-Clad pans are designed with ease of use and durability in mind.
Their 3 layers of nonstick coating help you release big food particles without needing to wipe the pan before cooking another meal. With their steady bases and ergonomic stainless steel handles, these pans are easy to handle, making cooking more efficient. These are some of the best frying pans in the world!
Why not take advantage of this set right away?
What We Like:
– Set of 2 fry pans with easy-to-use handles and quality construction for a steady base.
– Safe nonstick interior coating is easy to clean and works well on any stovetop.
– Heat resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit for preparing those sizzling dishes.
– Lids not included – great skillet set without lids.
– Cooks food evenly with no hot spots, less sticking, very little oil required for sauteing or searing meat.
– Superslick and excellent heat distribution.
– Cleaning the anodized surface with hot soapy water is super easy.
– An excellent value for the money.
– Lifetime Warranty, Made in the USA by a trusted leading brand.
– Hassle-Free, Fast Shipping.
– Amazing customer support.
What We Don’t Like:
– Although hard-anodized surfaces are just slightly softer than non-anodized surfaces, they are still susceptible to scratches.
– Heavy aluminum could be a problem for some.
– Adjusting the grip can alleviate uncomfortable handles.
The All-Clad nonstick fry pans are an investment for your kitchen. When I say nonstick, that is a term I use loosely. They work well, the food does not stick to them, but if you do not know what you are doing they will be ruined very quickly.
4. Paula Deen Signature Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set
The perfect kitchen set!
The Paula Deen Signature Collection 15-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set is the perfect starter cookware set for beginners and experienced chefs alike.
This durable cookware heats quickly and evenly, made with an aluminum construction that heats up quickly, toast food without burning it, and features a top-quality nonstick interior for easy release of every dish.
Every piece is oven safe to 350 degrees F. Plus, all of the pieces in this set are available in a variety of colors so your kitchen will always be colorful as well as easy to clean!
It’s time you become an experienced chef with dishes like braised cabbage that you can prepare faster than you ever could with traditional cookware.
Let’s get cooking!
What We Like:
– PFOA free nonstick
– Good heat retention
– Easy to clean
– Dishwasher safe
– Good price for a great cookware set.
– Good design and very useful.
– Best value for money.
What We Like:
– The handle is a bit flimsy, can be improved…
– The set is well balanced, but still lacks a bit more weight to it to make it 100% perfect.
Overall, this is an excellent set for anyone who wants to start cooking with good-quality cookware set at an affordable price! Highly recommended.
5. GreenLife Soft Grip Cookware Pots, and Pans Set
Are you looking for a cookware set?
This is the pan for you! It’s made of durable, toxin-free ceramic nonstick and the handy, stay-cool Bakelite handles make it easy to grip. The pots and pans in this set are oven-safe up to 350°F so you can use them for everything from pasta dishes to stir-fries. The pans are also finished with attractive colors that will brighten up any kitchen.
If you’re looking for a new set of cookware, then we have just what you need! These sets come with all the essentials, plus they’re free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium which means they’re safe for you and your family.
These sets are available in vibrant colors that will make any kitchen look great.
What We Like:
– Nonstick ceramic coating is free of PFOA, PFOS, and hazardous chemicals
– Smooth, nonstick surface is easy to clean and maintain
– Heat safe up to 350°F; dishwasher safe
– Stay-cool Bakelite handles stay cool on the stovetop
– Sturdy base for even and complete cooking
– Silicone gripper feet protect your tabletop.
– Rivetless interior for snag-free cooking; wobble-free base for even heating
– The glass lids allow you to view your cooking without heat loss.
– You can use these pans on any stovetop. They are non-stick, so they are safe to use in the oven as well.
What We Don’t Like:
– It is not very scratch-resistant
– The material scratches easily!
These pans are comparable to some T-fal ceramic pans and even the Ozeri ceramic pans. The price is about the same, but we believe that the edges of this set of cookware to be sharper than its competitors, and there is a little more weight in the handles. The glass lids are nice, too!
We recommend this pan for a quality nonstick pan at an affordable price.
6. T-fal G919SE64 Initiatives Ceramic 14-Piece Cookware Set
Cooking healthy meals is easy with the T-fal 14 Piece Set.
The set includes a 7.5″ Frypan, 11″ fry pan with lid, 1 Quart/2 Quart saucepans with lids, 5-quart Dutch oven, and more! The cookware is scratch-resistant and dishwasher-safe for quick clean-up.
It’s PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid), and cadmium-free – so you don’t have to worry about chemical exposure! Plus it has Thermo-Spot Technology that shows when the pan is perfectly preheated and ready to begin cooking.
This high-quality set is designed to last. It features a durable ceramic surface and an even heat base for easy maintenance and reliable results. The cookware is oven-safe, but should not be used under the broiler.
Make healthy cooking easier! Bring the T-fal initiatives 14 pc. Cookware set into your home today.
What We Like:
– PFOA, PTFE and cadmium free
– The cookware is non-stick but should be hand washed with warm soapy water.
– Thermo-Spot technology
– The cookware set is oven safe, but should not be used under the broiler.
Note: Refer to the user manual before use.
– The cookware is scratch-resistant and dishwasher safe for quick clean up.
– This high-quality set is designed to last.
– The cookware set features a durable ceramic surface and an even heat base.
What We Didn’t Like:
– You should take precautions to avoid damaging the pan by using the right cooking utensils.
– The stains are impossible to remove
This is a serviceable, durable cookware set that could last for quite some time. It might be a good choice for someone looking for a nice set of non-stick cookware without having to pay top dollar.
7. Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set
You’ve been looking for cookware that’s professional-grade? But it doesn’t cost a fortune. You want something that looks great on your kitchen counter and is easy to use. You’ll get all this and more with the Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set – Silver.
This essential set makes cooking multiple dishes at once easy with its great stockpot and steamer insert. It features a tempered glass cover so you can monitor food while it cooks without losing heat or flavor. Easily clean up by simply popping in the dishwasher! It includes a lifetime warranty for your peace of mind.
The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set – Silver has all the features you need in a great cookware set.
It even comes with a stylish storage box to keep your cookware organized and protected from damage while it’s not in use. With a polished mirror finish, heat spreading aluminum encapsulated base, and induction-ready stainless steel cooking surface, this is a professional-grade cookware set you’ll want in your kitchen.
What We Like:
– Mirror finish
– Induction-ready and classic looks.
– The aluminum encapsulated base heats quickly and evenly.
– Surfaces made out of stainless steel do not discolor react to food or change the taste.
– Easily measure the length and width with the measurement markings.
– Glass that is break-resistant is covered with tempered glass.
– It is really easy to clean and it is a breeze for me to lift and pour.
– The handles never get hot which is a huge plus for me.
– The handles feel really good in my hands. They are made to be patented with cool grip technology.
– It is quite sturdy and feels like it can last for a very long time.
What We Don’t Like:
– The pans are much thinner than expected
– Food sticks to it like a magnet
The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set – Silver is a great brand of cookware. It is designed to be easy to use and clean up after use, which is a wonderful feature. It comes with all the features I would want in a professional-grade set of cookware. From the sturdy handles to the great measurement markings on each pan, this set offers great quality at a fair price.
The best nonstick cookware on the market in my opinion.
When you look for the best cookware set under $ 200, you want something durable, high-quality, and easy to use. A well-made set is key because it means that you will get years of use out of your new cookware set.
It is important to note that there are many different options available. You can choose from sets with multiple pots and pans or just one frying pan. The most important thing, as we’ve discussed, is that you know what you want and need from your cookware before you buy it.
We have discussed a number of the more popular nonstick cookware sets and hope we have given you a better idea of what to look for in your new cookware set. Good luck!